Another snow day, another day of Squido missing school because of all this white crap that drops from the sky way too often lately. The poor kids are going to be going to school until July if we keep having this many snow days. At least we have a reprieve for a few days before the Nor’easter hits us sometime over the weekend.
I promise I’ll start posting real things again soon. I just haven’t been in the blogging mood lately. Probably because of all this horrible weather.
- Today I was out with Jill when we realized that we both needed to go to the store before the impending storm. We drove to Walmart and she parked by the gardening section like she always does, and we go up to the door – and it doesn’t open. We took that as an omen that we shouldn’t go to shitty Walmart anyway, and we drove to Target instead.
- At Target I got everything I needed and more, including this bag of peanut M&Ms
- Then I went to my friend T’s house for dinner and to catch up on American Horror Story, only to find that his husband accidentally deleted all of the new episodes of the show that I haven’t seen. Boo to that.
- We had these massive and delicious pancakes for dinner with some sausage links and it was totally awesome and the food highlight of my day.
- I came home early to meet up with Squido and her dad, who was dropping her off tonight instead of keeping her overnight like he usually does on Tuesdays because of all the snow we are supposed to get tomorrow.
- We are supposed to get an ass ton of snow tomorrow. I’ve heard anywhere between 4-6 inches to 8-12 inches. It’s hard to say, because yesterday we were supposed to get 1-3 inches and we got more like 5-6 inches. ARGH!
- Now I am watching the Blair Witch Project and it’s just getting to the good parts where they are fighting over being lost in the woods. If they keep their heads together they will be just fine. Uh huh.
- Good night, y’all lovelies!
I had to go in to work today even though it was snowing like crazy right around the time I had to go in. I made it there by four o’clock, after cleaning off my car in four inches of snow that I just ignored – there was no way I was going to shovel my porch and around my car before going in to work and getting all wet and cold. Fuck that. I hate the snow.
Work sucked. At first we were totally dead so the other girl who was working with me tonight went home and I was left alone to wait on whoever came in and do all the sidework before closing. It turned out to be moderately busy, I made okay money for the effort and time I put into it, and honestly, sometimes it’s much better to work alone and do more work than it is to work with someone you don’t particularly like.
Anyway, I’m glad that’s over.
Bad news is, someone told me tonight that we are supposed to get twelve or more inches of snow on Wednesday and then a Nor’easter over the weekend that could dump, like, feet of snow. Of course, both of those days I have to work, and of course, I damn sure will be expected in on time, regardless of the snow.
If I didn’t have to share the Squido with her dad, I swear I would have been out of here years ago. Connecticut isn’t for me. It’s a terrible climate in my opinion, because I don’t care for all the seasons. I particularly hate winter, as you are probably starting to realize.
I think Southern California is where I want to settle when I’m older, if I can. When the Squido is all done with high school and hopefully goes to college, then I will feel free to roam.
Until then, I’ll keep you posted on whether I get buried alive in snow. Since FEET of it are coming. Dang it.